A. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
You may submit your information to us for a number of reasons:
• When you purchase a ticket for an event this may include your name, address, email and telephone number.
• For trustees name, address, email and telephone numbers are collected
We will not process special categories of personal data such as race, ethnicity, religious or political opinion.
Should you give us personal data about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with all data protection laws. In advance of submitting any information to us you should have notified them that data is shared and clarified how we collect, use and retain their personal information.
B. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We undertake to minimise the use of personal data. The lawful bases on which we hold personal data is with your explicit consent (opt-in) and/or the Trust’s legitimate interest. Where data is requested, the purpose for which you are invited to give us information is clear. We will not use your information for purposes that are not clear when you provide your details.
We use your information to:
• meet the requirements of the contract (that is sale of tickets for events),
• provide information and services that you have requested,
• comply with regulatory requirements,
• sending to HMRC (applicable to Gift Aid certificates) and the Charities Commission (applicable to Trustees only and honorary committee members) as per our legal obligations
We do not employ automated decision making methods in relation to any of your personal data stored.
Customer information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory and legitimate business/Trust purposes.
Your information we use for event advertising purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive these reminders.
C. EMAILS & COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
We will send email/text/postal/telephone notifications regarding purchases (such as tickets sales confirmation) and event notifications and promotions.
D. DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR DATA
In the following circumstances, we may send your personally identifiable information to others.
• We have obtained your express consent to share the information.
• We need to share your information to provide a service or product such as the First Aider call down list which is then distributed throughout the village for use during an emergency.
• We need to send the information to other Trustees or committee members to provide a service or product to you.
• We find that your actions violate the terms of our Terms of Service.
• We must respond to court orders and any other legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply.
• We undertake not to sell, trade, or rent any personally identifiable information to others.
• sending to HMRC and the Charities Commission as per our legal obligations (applicable to Trustees only and honorary committee members).
Internally, we limit access to personal information about you to those Trustees or committee members who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their job.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We DO NOT use third party companies to manage collation, processing or storage of your personal information on our.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We DO NOT process outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. Cookies help make this website work and provide information to us about how users interact with our site. We use this information to improve our website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We take the security of your data very seriously. Buckhorn Weston Village Community Trust take technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
• Use of Firewalls, virus software and malware software
• All access to information is restricted by password and/or secure key
• Hard copies of names & addresses are only held as long as is necessary to fulfil the event or service.
Whilst we undertake to maintain the highest possible levels of security practicable to protect data it should be realised that no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and there is always some risk of unauthorised access. The Trust cannot be held liable for any breach of security. Any information submitted to us is done so at your own risk.
H. YOUR RIGHTS
You may contact us if you have any questions about this policy, if you would like to see a copy of the information that we hold on you, if you would like that information to be corrected or even request for it to be deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us and we will investigate the matter.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, send a signed letter to BWVCT, The White House, Church Hill, Buckhorn Weston. Gillingham. Dorset.SP8 5HS.
8th May 2018