We can mow our meadow!
The Trust has been fundraising this year to replace our aging and somewhat unreliable ride-on mower. Due to the generosity of our wonderful Community, we have made great progress which has given us enough confidence to place an order for a new machine to beat imminent price rises.
We are thrilled to announce we have reached a total of over £10000. Apart from the donations and events listed below, we have just had a substantial donation from the Buckhorn Weston Village Hall to get us over the line.
- Rupert and Ali’s ‘nativity Concert’ in December 2021
- With the support and collaboration of the Stapleton Arms we ran The Apple Day with apple juicing, a variety of ciders on tap, Boules/Pétanque, face painting and a pulled pork roast.
- In early March we planted several hundred trees and shrubs on the railway border and elsewhere with many being sponsored by you, the community.
- In June Nick Brooke set out on the mammoth 750 mile walk including the entire 630-mile Southwest Coast Path carrying just his one-man bivvy and essential supplies. The support from the Community was fantastic This epic walk raised over £3,000. HUGE thanks to Nick
- Later in June the Gig on the Green returned by popular demand and a wonderful evening was had with a great Ska band.
- In August Liz Basson kindly held their Pig ‘n Gig with profits going, in part, to the BWVCT mower fund.
- We have also had great support in the form of donations from individuals, the Stapleton Arms and Three Rivers for which we are enormously grateful.
We need to continue to ‘fund raise’ for the upkeep of the green and are looking at possible grants as well as planning a Burn’s night in January 2023. Should anyone wish to help us, do please get in touch or go to https://justgiving.com/campaign/keepmowing to donate.
With grateful thanks: The Trustees BWVCT